What specialization to do in MBA after biotech?

Ask and Discuss any issues, comments, questions related to Education, Job, Career, Options and future scope in the field of Biotechnology.

Moderator: sjain

Postby smart_gal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:02 am

Hello sir,
i m in my final year bsc bio tech and i have planned to pursue MBA because i m not interested in research... i want to work in pharmacy companies after finishing my MBA. my question is what specialization to take up in MBA to get placed in pharmacy companies ??? Also, will recession affect the placements because even B.E students are out of placements nowadays... As i m a Bsc student , will that make any difference in getting placed ??
thank u in advance
smart_gal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: What specialization to do in MBA after biotech?

Postby vipul sharma » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:38 am

Hi…
In pharmaceutical companies there are different departments that employ management postgraduates. So, it all depends on your interest which specialization you want to take in MBA. In most of the MBA courses specialization is done in the second year of degree, so you have plenty of time after taking the admission to decide the specialization.

After doing MBA you will look for the job on the basis of your management degree. Therefore, your graduation will not hold much of importance for the prospective employer. Recession is now at its worst stage and the economy will going to recover in coming year, therefore by the time you complete your MBA there will be more jobs in market as compare to today.

If you have any doubts do contact me again.

Warm Regards
Vipul Sharma
SME CareerAge.com
vipul sharma

Postby smart_gal » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Thank u for Ur reply sir!
smart_gal

Postby vipul sharma » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:08 pm

Best Wishes for your B.Sc final exams and Contact me if you have any other query.

Best Regards
Vipul Sharma
SME CareerAge.com
vipul sharma

Return to Biotechnology