bio technology

Ask and Discuss any issues, comments, questions related to Education, Job, Career, Options and future scope in the field of Biotechnology.

Moderator: sjain

bio technology

Postby krithika » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:10 pm

my friend is doing btech biotech........what pg courses she can do? what about the job opportunities in this field? list some institutions which can offer pg courses?
krithika

bio technology

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: bio technology

Postby vipul sharma » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:59 am

Hi krithika

After doing B.Tech. in Biotechnology your friend can do Post Graduate courses such as, M.Tech. or PG Diploma in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Biochemical/Bioprocess engineering, clinical research and MBA. Job opportunities in Biotechnology sector mainly depends on PG Degree and reputation of the research institute awarding the degree. Some of the institutes offering PG courses in Biotechnology are as follows: -

1. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
2. Madhurai Kamraj University, Madurai
3. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
4. JNU, Delhi
5. NBRC, Gurgaon
6. Indian Institute of Technology
7. AIIMS,Delhi
8. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
9. University of Hyderabad
10. PGI, Chandigarh
11. Devi Ahilya University, Indore
12. National Institute of Virology, Pune

Feel free to contact me again and I am sorry for late answering this question.

Thanks & Regards,
Vipul Sharma
SME CareerAge.com
vipul sharma

Postby sujeet » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:13 am

I WANT TO GO IN FIELD OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN BIOTECHNOLOGY. I'M APPEARING BSC FINAL YEAR BIOTECHNOLOGY , I WANT TO KNOW FURTHER COURSES DETAILS
sujeet

Postby vipul sharma » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:51 am

Hi Sujeet

If you want to do research in Biotechnology and Lifesciences then you can start with post graduation in any of the Biotechnology fields. Some of the Post Graduate courses are; M.Sc, M.Tech., PG Diploma in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Genetic engineering/Immunology/Agricultural Biotechnology/Bioprocess engineering and clinical research.

If you have any doubts do contact me again.

Warm Regards
Vipul Sharma
SME CareerAge.com
vipul sharma

Postby vipul sharma » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 am

Hi,

In most of the Post Graduate Biotechnology courses admissions are through the Entrance Examinations.

M.Sc Biotechnology

Candidates with Bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 years of education) in Biological, Pharmacy, Agricultural sciences, Engineering (Bio), Medicine (M.B.BS) or Veterinary (B.V.Sc) with at least 60% marks can apply for M.Sc Biotechnology.

M.Tech Biotechnology

Admissions in M.Tech Biotechnology are mainly through the entrance examinations such as, G.A.T.E. The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE.

(i) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy (all courses have to be of 4 years after 10+2) and those who are in pre final year of such programmes. (ii) Master’s degree holder in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statics/Computer application or equivalent and those are in final or pre-final year of such programmes.

PG Diploma in Biotechnology

Candidates possessing B.Sc, B.Tech or M.Sc degree in Biological, Pharmacy, Agricultural sciences, Engineering (Bio), Medicine (M.B.BS) or Veterinary (B.V.Sc) with at least 55% marks can apply for PG Diploma in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics.

If you have any doubts do contact me again.

Regards
Vipul Sharma
SME CareerAge.com
vipul sharma

Return to Biotechnology