B.Sc. Biotechnology

Ask and Discuss any issues, comments, questions related to Education, Job, Career, Options and future scope in the field of Biotechnology.

Moderator: sjain

B.Sc. Biotechnology

Postby Helpseeker » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:02 pm

hi careerage i've finished my +2 this year and i want to go for bsc biotechnology.i want to do it from the o.u. please tell the process for that.

- Ajith

B.Sc. Biotechnology

Re: B.Sc. Biotechnology

Postby vipul sharma » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:23 am

Hi Ajith

Osmania University’s Faculty of Science offers two types of B.Sc degrees. One is normal B.Sc with different combinations and other is B.Sc (Audiology, Speech Language Pathology) i.e. B.Sc (A.SLP). As you want to do B.Sc Biotechnology, so you can opt for normal B.Sc and can take any of these combinations:
1. Microbiology, Bio-Technology, Chemistry
2. Biochemistry, Bio-Technology, Chemistry
3. Bio-Technology, Zoology, Chemistry

For admission to B.Sc candidate should have to pass in the two year intermediate examination of A.P or +2 examinations recognized as equivalent thereto and with an aggregate of 40% marks (pass for SC & ST candidates) in the concerned science subjects viz physical science & maths group Or physical science & biological science as the case may be. Admission by the college is based on the merit subject to rules of reservation.

Commencement of sale of admission forms and registration are in first week of June. So contact university as soon as possible. You can contact University at http://www.osmania.ac.in.
Vipul Sharma
SME CareerAge.com
vipul sharma

Return to Biotechnology