Jobs in Biotechnology

Ask and Discuss any issues, comments, questions related to Education, Job, Career, Options and future scope in the field of Biotechnology.

Moderator: sjain

Jobs in Biotechnology

Postby Helpseeker » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:42 pm

I am currently pursuing my MTECH(INTEGRATED) BIOTECHNOLOGY. I had completed 3 years and still 2 years is left, as it is a 5 years course. So, what is my future after this? will i get a job or go for some further studies? if there are jobs,then in which companies should i apply? or if i have to study further, then what should i study? in india or abroad? please help me out.

Girish
Helpseeker

Jobs in Biotechnology

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Jobs in Biotechnology

Postby vipul sharma » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:56 am

Hi Girish

After M.Tech in Biotechnology you can go for the job but pay package depends on your talent and on the reputation of institute from where you are pursuing your course. If you are interested in research work then you can further go for specialization and can pursue PhD in any of the Life Science topic. For Biotechnologist Foreign countries offer much more opportunities then our country. If you get an opportunity of pursuing PhD abroad then obviously go for it. You can apply in any of the Pharma /Biotech companies. Some of the companies are:

1. Biocon
2. Serum Institute of India
3. Panacea Biotec
4. Nicholas Piramal
5. Wockhadrt Limited
6. GlaxoSmithKline
7. Bharat Serum
8. Krebs Biochemicals and Industries Limited
9. Zydus Cadila
10. Indian Immunologicals
Vipul Sharma
SME CareerAge.com
vipul sharma

Postby priyanka choudhary » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:17 am

what r the chances of getting jobs after B.Sc. biotech ? and which companies recruits campus after B.Sc. biotech.......?
priyanka choudhary

Postby vipul sharma » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi Priyanka

Biotechnology is a research oriented field of Life science. Therefore the most of jobs are present in research and development division of Biotechnology companies, but here post graduate students in Biotechnology are mainly considered. As a result very less opportunity exists for graduate students including B.Sc Biotechnology students.

Some major pharmaceutical and Biotech companies have tie-ups with different reputed institutes, so there students have better chance in getting a good job. Such as:

Novozymes help students in doing their project work, if they are selected: http://www.novozymes.com/en/MainStructu ... /Students/
Shantha Biotechnics Ltd also has research alliance with some research institute: http://www.shanthabiotech.com/alliances.htm
Vipul Sharma
SME CareerAge.com
vipul sharma

Return to Biotechnology