plzzzzzzzz someone help me

Ask and Discuss any issues, comments, questions related to Career Choices

Moderator: sjain

Postby neha » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:02 pm

i hav passed bsc bilogy with only 50%.i am also pursuing GNIIT first year from NIIT.i hav interest in computers but without maths and such a low percent in bsc i found nowhere to go.some people say say i should go for mba....i am toatlly confused and in depression..i need a job at any cost........plz sujjest me what all courses are there for a good job for me..shall i move for mba or should go for some computer course and if then to which????
neha

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: plzzzzzzzz someone help me

Postby vipul sharma » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:54 am

Hi Neha

First of all don’t be so depressed. Most of the people who have taken biology as career are suffering from same problem. If you are looking for a job, then try in I.T sector. Many healthcare Bpo and Kpos nowadays are looking for people with biology background.
You can try for that and after the experience of 1 or 2 years do MBA. If you don’t find job up to your expectations then MBA is the best option, because a degree in management can really help you in making your career.
You can also go for bioinformatics, but for bioinformatics maths is desired at +2 level. For career in bioinformatics you have to be good in molecular biology and have to have good knowledge of computer programming languages. Apart from this knowledge of any of Linux, SQL, Oracle, Perl, python, java is an added advantage. Nowadays in IT, .NET and Oracle are in good demand job wise. Since .NET is mainly for computer and IT students, you can do course in Oracle; DBA track from any of the Oracle certified centers. Starting pay package after completing course in oracle is about 8000-10,000 per month.
Vipul Sharma
SME CareerAge.com
vipul sharma

Return to Career Choices